Camping in/near Nashville this Saturday 4/28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smittycrusher

"Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.morganstanleyfa.com
I am loading up the 80 and leaving Atlanta on Saturday heading to Cruise Moab.

I plan to stay Saturday night in or around Nashville as I am meeting a friend for drinks that evening. Anyone have any great recommendations for camping spots? I would prefer to be relatively close to I-24. I can setup/breakdown camp in 5 mins. Also, anyone want to join me?

TIA,

Scott

Along I24... North or south of Nashville? I honestly can't think of much in the way of camping that is "close" to 24. The closest state park south of town would be Henry Horton, but it is probably 30+ minutes west of 24, north of town I cant think of anywhere right off the top of my head.

I'm sure there are some camp grounds around, but I cant think of any parks or areas like that that are near the 24 corridor. If you are headed west on 40, about 2 hours west is Natchez Trace, and they have a camp ground. Other than that, maybe just set up camp in your buddy's back yard. I would offer the front yard at the house, but I'm a solid 20-30 minutes from 24 and South of town, so might be a last resort since you'd be back tracking and getting away from 24.

Montgomery bell is west of Nashville, but would be 20-30 minutes off of the 40 corridor.

Maybe some of the other guys can think of a spot closer to town for you.

Scott, there are a few campgrounds on Priest Lake, but like jynx said they are a little out of the way. Check out Anderson Road, Seven Points, and possibly Poole Knobs Campgrounds. Anderson Road might be your best bet depending on where your buddies live. Good luck and enjoy Moab.

Agree with above. Lots of camping around Nashville, but nothing quite “near” Nashville. Does your friend like off-roading/camping? Have him meet you at Wooly’s Offroad and run some trails before camping there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom