Camp/portable fan, battery powered solar rechargeable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a cool fan (ha, see what I did there...ok, sorry) set up a long time ago. It had a separate battery pack that was solar rechargeable, the fan itself was a good size, maybe 10" across and had a clamshell magnetic type base you could stick anywhere. It was pretty quiet and moved air well.

I think it got tossed years ago, can't find it anywhere. I did a web search recently and didn't find anything that looked quite as good...and a lot of junky looking stuff.

Is there a camp/portable fan out there that sounds comparable to what I've described? Primary usage would be for car camping/sleeping to keep stuffy air moving inside, or for power outages here in hurricane alley.

It might not be exactly what you're looking for but I camp regularly even in the summer so I've spent several camping days in triple digit temps and while I still hate trying to sleep in those temps the personal fan below is what I use inside my hammock at night to try to cool down and it works as well as can be expected.
I'd run it all night and use the solar panel below to charge it during the day and use it again the next night and so one for a week at a time.
I've had this little fan ~3 years and it is still working.
I got both from amazon.

1603377164023.png

1603377271947.png

It might not be exactly what you're looking for but I camp regularly even in the summer so I've spent several camping days in triple digit temps and while I still hate trying to sleep in those temps the personal fan below is what I use inside my hammock at night to try to cool down and it works as well as can be expected.
I'd run it all night and use the solar panel below to charge it during the day and use it again the next night and so one for a week at a time.
I've had this little fan ~3 years and it is still working.
I got both from amazon.

View attachment 2472862
View attachment 2472865

Looks like a nice setup.

Well I actually found my old fan I mentioned above, it’s a great fan. The battery pack is a little beat but I got it to work. Would really like to find a generic battery pack for it that is rechargeable and/or solar rechargeable.

And I was wrong about the solar charger for the fan, never had one, I had it confused with another device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom