1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camber Adj

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by PurpleFJ62, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PurpleFJ62

PurpleFJ62

Media:
    Has anyone adjusted the Camber on their 4runner before? Do you have to take the camber adj bolt and nut completly out? Should I seperate the nut and bolt, or are you to turn them at the same time?

How tight are these bolts uasually, is it ok to put a substancial force on them to bust them loose?

thanks-nate-

2. ajfriz

ajfriz

mine were very stuck. The best way to do it is to have a shop do it. I work at a shop that has an aligner. It is very touchy so I would just bring it to them. To answer your question, there should be eccentrics (sp?) that you need to turn to adjust it. You need to loosen the bolt and then turn the eccentric to the desired position.

3. WristPin

WristPin

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

take it to a shop.

4. Symon623

Symon623

X2.....do them a favor and hose em down with penetrating oil a couple of days ahead of time.

5. PurpleFJ62

PurpleFJ62

Media:
    its done. when I picked it up this afternoon I had a conversation with the owner for a little while. Talking about how messed up the underside is. Said he had the bolts/nuts cherry red with a big long breaker bar on it. I should have soaked in P.B. blaster. I wasent thinking ahead.