CA Registration through dealership. Possibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Typical 20/80 rule it looks like:
  • 20% of cost for a part
  • 80% for tax, testing, fees and labor!

here is the strange exhaust tip work they did and DPF they installed. Sorry about the wait, barely picked it up yesterday and yes definitely the 20/80 rule. Just another CA scheme for money.

(this was edited, added wrong images)

2EC57D44-9213-494D-971F-80AF0D742287.jpeg

9C322C65-03E3-4FBB-B671-6F87F18A2086.jpeg

EEC3E766-21D3-4507-9B63-0B473B8E61FE.jpeg

80844C32-77C4-4C13-93F4-203A44512DBD.jpeg

CF9C911B-0231-4A55-85C7-0C53D20B7B01.jpeg

Last edited:
I was really pessimistic this could be done. Glad it worked out for you! The cost is high, but opens up enough forbidden fruit here in California that it will be worth it for many!
for sure, definitely wouldn’t have gone through with the procedure if I were the one paying but it’s nice to know theres a possibility for californians.

Call me crazy but that looks like a stock muffler not DPF? Looks like they only hose clamped a contraption to the exhaust tip.?

Interesting. Looks like they only chopped off the resignator and added part to tip. I don’t see any sensors or injectors doing to the DPF . Looks like a muffler or it’s a used “DPF” . Either way you did not pay and you got ca tags for the win! Welcome to the club🤟

I feel dumb, I’m learning as we go, this is the DPF! CRZ45 you were right. Also anyone know why they cut tip off the exhaust tip and added a plunger? smh

178B4B09-01AB-43B1-BE93-A996E9114DC7.jpeg

Last edited:
There it is.. the magic California contraption. Curious about orange piece as well... is it hollow or does it have anything inside or sensors attached?

There it is.. the magic California contraption. Curious about orange piece as well... is it hollow or does it have anything inside or sensors attached?
I wonder if i remove this California contraption later in time there will be a problem? hmm lol also no, its hollow and comes of easily, I emailed the company and asked about it, looks like the work was undone and forgotten in the exhaust area, also just noticed they damaged the body slightly so I’m gonna have to hold them accountable, they also suck at communicating. For $10k and working along with CARB they’re not professional at all.

If there is no connection to it like sensor or diesel fuel injector I would just remove it and put in a straight pipe with same flanges to be able to swap it easy. Keep the orange part til you settle the body work with them. (A little ransom to get them to keep in touch😂)

The money spent and the and the damage caused by the shop both suck, but you’ve done a great service to the community proving this can be done and you have a kick ass Land Cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom