Bypass fuel pump relay 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here ya go. Not what I was looking for but a start. And I wont dare tell you to search cause I have been for half an hour with no luck :( There is a way to jumper the FPR as well. I believe one of the other pins in the relay(maybe #3???) is 12v but I dont want to misinform you on which one. Ive even done it before is the worst part. Its on here somewhere with a nice pic of 2'' jumper on two pins in the FPR. Maybe someone else will chime in if this doesnt get you there. Good luck.

Originally Posted by TrickyT
Great idea, Ali!

The other thing that is easy to do on the FZJ80 is to test the fuel pump and associated wiring from within the engine compartment. To do this you just pull out the pump speed control relay that located in the USDS fender well. Pull the relay out of the socket and then orient the *socket* so that you are looking down at the connectors. There are two rows of connectors in the socket. The top row has 3 connectors (numbered left to right 1, 2, 3) and the bottom row has 1 connector in the middle position. Like this:
--------
|1 2 3|
|x 5 x|
--------

If you then hook a jumper wire from +12v on the battery to connector #3 in the relay socket, the fuel pump will run and you can easily hear fuel running through the fuel rail on the motor. Then at least you know the pump and the wiring from the relay to the pump are okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom