Buying a Tundra TRD PRO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having a tough time pulling the trigger on a used TRD PRO. It's a Toyota, it's a cool color, built rock solid, and great resale value.

Why not buy a SR5 or a limited and add a lift and exhaust? Or God forbid buy a newer Denali for the same price? I see a lot of TRD PRO owners lifting their trucks, isn't the suspension one of the reasons for the purchase?

I get you.

My Tundra was a Rock Warrior that got a Pro-Comp lift by PO.
He had his reasons, but a SR5 would have been smarter $$$ to do it to IMO.

If you lift, sell your old TRD stuff - if it’s got low moles on esp the shocks, It’ll have some resale value.
If it has over 60K on the shocks, you wouldn’t see much $$$ though.

I’d sooner buy a SR5 or a Platinum & do Icon for lift, or if you buy the TRD Pro for the color combo - that’s just going to be more $$ if you lift it much.

BDS lift is far nicer than what I’m re-working, as a FYI.

Someone besides Icon does a Fox shock based lift to their own rates - I forget who ATM. Something like Carlisle, something close.

Did you end up making a purchase? I went through a similar scenario recently. Like always, it’s a very personal decision. If you plan to upgrade anything other than tires, don’t get the Pro. They draw a premium.

Personally, I opted for an SR5 with whatever package got me the big tank, and a center console. I was more concerned with miles and CPO. I’m not sure exactly what direction I’m going yet, but I saved quite a bit of money that I can put into customizing exactly the way I want it. Ironically, I am running a set of the Pro BBS wheels now, but I think I’m going to order Evo Corse soon and swap them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom