Bushes are getting full (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby,

Nice coat hanging over the seat. Matches mine!

Go Blue

Thanks GumBy. The straight-on side pic doesn't give me the whole story though: so, it is thicker than the stock console, and that extra (maybe 2"?) thickness is offset toward the US DS, to give you an armrest that is closer to you? And it doesn't interfere with the parking brake lever? I also notice you have an additional two power outlets on that side. That also doesn't interfere with parking brake motion?
Is that console constructed well enough that a passenger can turn toward the rear seat and lean on it with their body, you can smash it with your elbow, and it won't start to loosen up and get creaky and floppy? Can you clean grease off of it easily (that came from a dirty elbow)? Is the top surface soft enough to make a comfortable armrest for an extended (5 hour) trip?
Sorry for the interrogation. I'm very interested, but want to check on its durability. :D
Thanks,
Kenton

It's pretty darn durable. It's taken a lot of abuse over the last 2-3 years. I'm a wrench so it's had lots of greasy elbows. (I'm amazed at how often I miss my elbows when washing up :doh:)
It is offset to the driver's side. It would interfere with the e-brake. Not enough I couldn't yank it in an emergency, but if I did it would seize up and not release from lack of use anyway. It is now an e-brake and not a parking brake.
It triples my console storage space, for good and bad. Now I have a lot more junk in there.
It has not gotten loose and creaky yet. For another $20-30, I'd get another one and replace it if it did. The ratcheting cup holders are even still working. The factory latch and hinge work fine.
The top pad is not really thick enough to lean on hard for a long time, but the level is so much better I don't lean on it. It is fine for resting your arm on.
The two outlets are run off the power seat circiut. High amp, infrequently used, constant battery power.
It's cheezy and cheap, but very functional. It really depends on how you use and view your truck. If it is a luxury SUV, there are cleaner options. If it's a work truck, this one works very well for me.

[quote author=kenton link=board=2;threadid=9208;start=msg81016#msg81016 date=1072588962]
P.S. Woody, if you're reading: search sucks. I get 'Warning page expired' all the time, and when I click BACK, I have to retype everything, and uncheck 'Check all' and then click '80s Tech'. E-V-E-R-Y-F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G-T-I-M-E. Am I whining? Sure, but if you want people to search more, ask repetitive questions less, you'd think the Search feature would be the most well-thought-out part of the BBS software.[/quote]

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

(experimenting with new/upgraded forum software, not sure on all the features yet tho, but may attempt an upgrade of sorts after the new year....have a "test forum" I'm tweaking now to see if things work or not)

Thanks Gumby. I'm stopping at Target this week to check it out.

Woody, is that LALALALALA, as in: the jingle bells tune, we all have a christmas present coming (better BBS features), or as in: 'I'm not hearing you....' :)

LA LA LA as in both....the updated BBS would have quite a few features added, tho some I'm unsure I like yet....experimenting with what works and what doesn't right now, plus wanna ensure I can do the upgrade and not crash the forum.... (we all know I'm good at that....) The upgrade is a revised software version of YaBB-SE, and changing to this version will "negate" any changes/upgrades to another new software I'm been eyeing up....decisions, decisions...

plus, I'm ignoring you :flipoff2:

I will always take all the Blink Blink stuff. Here we like it. :cheers:

Mike

[quote author=kenton link=board=2;threadid=9208;start=msg82030#msg82030 date=1072798934]
Thanks Gumby. I'm stopping at Target this week to check it out.

[/quote]

I forget to mention that the bottoms of the compartments inside rest on the stock console, so it's pretty sturdy.

Worst case you can put it on the seat in the back for the kiddies cupholders. That's what I bought it for. I just found I had more use for it than they did. :D

it's as in I got 2 fingers in my ears and two up for you :flipoff2: :flipoff2:, extra one for you to sit on since you enjoy it so much :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom