Bump stop questions. Please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_3282.JPG
hi everyone.
I have a 2014 tacoma with deaver u402 leafsprings and some superbumps. About 600lbs in rear with shell, tools and other crap. No problems but recently bought some timbrens pretty much as a recautionary for heavier hits. Not the "ses" but "active offroad" bumps.

At over $200! im looking at these things and wondering with my payload if id even be any better off with these? They are a little larger but dont seem much stiffer.
I had read something about adding front superbumps to the rear (70 gr. instead of 60gr. according to Wheeler's). But i had read that superbumps arent real good for too much weight. Which is why im here.
Thought? Appreciate any help!
I have about 1 1/2"- 2" between bump and frame.

I have a very similar setup in a 13 with top, it also stays loaded with deck systems and offroad equip/gear, originally when I replaced all the suspension I took a friends 2015 springs 4 leaf with 5K on them and added a 2 inch AOL and I added the Timbrens but fully loaded offroad I was bouncing off of the bumpstops to much and was stretching the springs. April this year before an overland trip to the Ozarks I swapped the springs out for OME Heavy DAKAR springs and now I never come close to the bumpstops even when fully loaded for a trip. The Timbrens are really nice as in when you hit them it wasn't a hard stop like the OEM stops rather a cushioned stop which was active and much better on ride and my mind. When you feel those hard bottoming out blows on the OEM stops you know what I mean. I would sell your springs for what you can get for them and upgrade to heavy spring set.

20170131_132734.jpg

20170418_184017.jpg

I have a very similar setup in a 13 with top, it also stays loaded with deck systems and offroad equip/gear, originally when I replaced all the suspension I took a friends 2015 springs 4 leaf with 5K on them and added a 2 inch AOL and I added the Timbrens but fully loaded offroad I was bouncing off of the bumpstops to much and was stretching the springs. April this year before an overland trip to the Ozarks I swapped the springs out for OME Heavy DAKAR springs and now I never come close to the bumpstops even when fully loaded for a trip. The Timbrens are really nice as in when you hit them it wasn't a hard stop like the OEM stops rather a cushioned stop which was active and much better on ride and my mind. When you feel those hard bottoming out blows on the OEM stops you know what I mean. I would sell your springs for what you can get for them and upgrade to heavy spring set.

View attachment 1514817

View attachment 1514825
Right on thanks for the reply.
I think i was mainly reading older reviews and some were ses bumps or possibly similar to your older spring setup. Kept reading "bouncy " over and over so was a little nervous. But i kept em andopefully install this weekend. My deavers are heavier springs but there is an extra leaf that i could add but already pretty ass high. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom