Budget 80 screens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With all the talk of 80 series screens lately I decided to make some. I love the ones Mot sells but needed them for this weekend so I made these, I purchased plastic rain gutters from Home Depot and cut stripes of two inch wide 1/8 inch thick plastic trim peices and glued screen in between them, here is the finished product, I have about $12 tied up in these. The windows still work with them in. I plan on painting them again to make them look a little better.

From outside.
screens016.jpg

From inside.
screens011.jpg

screens012.jpg

I plan on doing curtains next, heres what I did this past trip with a pellow case.
screens019.jpg

screens020.jpg

This makes me want to get my butt in gear and get my drawers going. Nice going on the screens and the pillow case is a good idea. I am going to try black out material and magnets and see how that works out.

This makes me want to get my butt in gear and get my drawers going. Nice going on the screens and the pillow case is a good idea. I am going to try black out material and magnets and see how that works out.

Thanks, BTW I tried magnets...they didnt work out for me, the wind would blow them down (Florida wind)

What kind did you try? The ones I have are really really strong. I can lift a 5lb sledge with it.

Im not sure on brand but I tried three at Home Depot and two from Lowes...they were all equal in suckage, but they were all 1/2 inch thick(thats all they had). Yours sound good though, do you know what brand/size they are, and where did you get them? I need to make some for my third row, thanks.

Here is where I ordered mine from:
Pull Force

I was doing another project that I was experimenting. But you basically just pick your size and pulling force. The thing to think about is distance. This means the thickness of the headliner itself. Also you can't use them under the hood because they can't take temps above something like 175º. Maybe lower, I don' remember. But my plan was to map out the headliner and just use an adhesive around the magnet to hold it in place on the headliner.

Here is where I ordered mine from:
Pull Force

I was doing another project that I was experimenting. But you basically just pick your size and pulling force. The thing to think about is distance. This means the thickness of the headliner itself. Also you can't use them under the hood because they can't take temps above something like 175º. Maybe lower, I don' remember. But my plan was to map out the headliner and just use an adhesive around the magnet to hold it in place on the headliner.

Awesome thanks for your help, ill probably get some for my third row windows, thanks again.

Garett,

That does look pretty good actually!

You just might have to start selling them or something!

Can't wait to see the ones for the 3rd-row windows! :cheers:

Mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom