Broken Mirror and Glass Replacement For Idiots...Lots of Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the excellent write up.

Absolutely no guarantee it would ever work again but someone told me to put the plastic in the oven. I wish I would have taken a video of it but the rolled edge folded out of the way like someone designed it to do that. When I put the new mirror in, the edges folded themselves back. It was magic...

Old but valuable thread.

I broke my glass and got a new one in just now. How do I get my glass plus bezel/holder out of the mirror. It seems pretty stuck.. Is there a trick for that. Afterwards did you just press it back in... If so thats the moment where you will stress the new glass again and could break it.

Yeah i might even be a bigger idiot....:D

8. Carefully separated the triangular-shaped cover on the corner of the door. There is a body clip at the top that will pop out by pulling straight out away from the hole and two clips at the bottom which require you to depress upwards on their tabs as you pull outwards. I used a flat-head screwdriver for those.

Do you know by chance if this same body clip is in a 1996? Mine does not want to budget at the top of the triangular piece and I know there are some differences between the 1991-1992 models and the 1993+ models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom