Broken Driver's Side Mirror Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
So someone smacked my driver's side mirror housing overnight while parked in front of my house and now it is flopping back and forth. The glass of the mirror did not break but the whole housing just flops forward and back. Any tips on how to fix this? Part numbers by chance? Thanks everyone!

Hey all,
So someone smacked my driver's side mirror housing overnight while parked in front of my house and now it is flopping back and forth. The glass of the mirror did not break but the whole housing just flops forward and back. Any tips on how to fix this? Part numbers by chance? Thanks everyone!
No, someone didn't hit it. The spring bolt / nut on top finally broke loose.

Go to Wits' End and buy his Floppy Mirror kit.

Do a search on here for "Floppy Mirror Syndrome" You you can also look up "Shaky mirror syndrome" and see threads about the how the glass shakes while you drive. They are two very different issues, but we all experience them at some point.

I was pissed because I came out to my truck one day and saw the same thing you did. Yet there were no marks on my mirror whatsoever. I was going to blame the garbage truck or something, but it wasn't the right day.

Seriously, buy his kit. I forked around for about three hours and came up with a half-assed fix on mine and in the end, I wish I would have just bought his kit. It's well thought out.

No, someone didn't hit it. The spring bolt / nut on top finally broke loose.

Go to Wits' End and buy his Floppy Mirror kit.

Do a search on here for "Floppy Mirror Syndrome" You you can also look up "Shaky mirror syndrome" and see threads about the how the glass shakes while you drive. They are two very different issues, but we all experience them at some point.

I was pissed because I came out to my truck one day and saw the same thing you did. Yet there were no marks on my mirror whatsoever. I was going to blame the garbage truck or something, but it wasn't the right day.

Seriously, buy his kit. I forked around for about three hours and came up with a half-assed fix on mine and in the end, I wish I would have just bought his kit. It's well thought out.

Awesome! Thank you, I have bought A LOT of bits and pieces from Joey and always happy to contribute to his business' success (especially with the new move) but I stupidly assumed this kit was just for the shakey glass problem inside the mirror housing! So thank you for making me realize I have a floppy problem not a shaky one! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom