Broken Arrow in a stock GX? (Sedona, AZ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
Has anyone run Broken Arrow in Sedona AZ in a stock GX? Thinking about making a few videos to test the stock suspension before a lift and this is the most well known trail in the state. I've got 265/65/17's so only about 31.5". Other than that I'm stock, though I do have air ride so could get an inch and a half or so in the rear. Would love some insight before I rip both bumpers off : ) Schnebly hill road is another good one but I'm thinking the stock GX will have little problem there since I got halfway up it in an MDX once.

Well I just watched a couple videos of 200's doing it stock and both had their running boards removed and still just barely kept it off the rocker panels so I'm thinking maybe this isn't advisable without a lift and or some sliders.

Would still love input if you've done it.

I did it 35 years ago in a FJ40.
If you do , please make a video and post here :)

Really though , why take chance of damaging your GX ?

subbing for videos (though i already sub to your YouTube channel). I think doing it with sliders would still be a testament to the stock vehicle capabilities but with a safety net.

Well I just watched a couple videos of 200's doing it stock and both had their running boards removed and still just barely kept it off the rocker panels so I'm thinking maybe this isn't advisable without a lift and or some sliders.

Would still love input if you've done it.
Just bring it up here to Utah....

I'll show you where you can beat it up.......:rofl:

The 'Track is very local

Just a note...going in from the south end.....you'll hit the knarley portion quickly

Last edited:
subbing for videos (though i already sub to your YouTube channel). I think doing it with sliders would still be a testament to the stock vehicle capabilities but with a safety net.
Starting to think Schnebly hill road is a safer bet since I don't have sliders. I don't really want to drag the running boards off... although that might make a funny video...
Just bring it up here to Utah....

I'll show you where you can beat it up.......:rofl:

The 'Track is very local

Just a note...going in from the south end.....you'll hit the knarley portion quickly

Would love to but I've got to be back for dinner on Tuesday : )

Yes, Schnebly hill Rd , did it in my stock 470 and I am not experienced .
One problem , maybe , Schnebly hill Rd is closed at I17 , so you'd have to drive back the same way , you can't make it to I17 , which is what I always did and drove back home on pavement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom