Broke a Leaf Spring... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two weeks ago I was finally able to get my new (to me) Old Man Emu 2.5" Springs mounted and driving.

I flat towed the FJ40 that the springs went on about 60 miles and had driven probably another 50 miles in the FJ40 before that, somewhere in there my rear left leaf spring broke. The second leaf from the bottom broke in two..... :mad: The only reason I figured it out was because my left side was sitting appreciably lower than the right (~2")

The weird thing was that there was a small rock wedged between the second and third leaves.... It was the cause of the break as far as I can see.

I had not even used them off road or even done any flexing before it broke.

There are no spring shops in town and no one can tell me (locally) how to get this thing fixed.

Do I have to buy a whole new leaf spring from OME, or would a spring shop (somewhere) be able to repair it.... and HOW MUCH $?

Thanks

Yeah I know.... I honestly don't know HOW that rock got in there, but when I noticed the broken leaf I jiggled it and the rock fell out... I couldn't get the broken leaf loose.

It was between the lower flat leaf and the next spring up which curves up, and somehow I caught a rock in between.:doh:

I have been trying to get a camera to take pictures of everything else on the truck too but haven't come up with one yet.....

The other problem is half of the leaf that broke fell off somewhere between Stillwater and Tulsa:eek: (Obviously I had to trailer it back for safety reasons-it must have fallen off of the trailer)

I will try to get pictures after I get the spring off.

I hope someone can put another leaf in for me locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom