Break warning switch leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1973 FJ40

I got a new master and wanted to plug the warning switches but for the life of me couldn't find the correct thread type so I broke down and bought some OEM switches just to plug the damn things.

Anyways I've installed them and can't for the life of me get them to stop leaking. I've tightened them down and backed off some to various positions. They just always seem to have a very slow leak and a little dribble when break pressure is applied.

What am I doing wrong with these things???

Are you using any thread sealant? They should be BPT. Like NPT, you can't back them off, you can only get tighter, or it will most likely leak. I always use some Loctite 545 on all stuff like that as well. That stuff works wonders.

Are you using any thread sealant? They should be BPT. Like NPT, you can't back them off, you can only get tighter, or it will most likely leak. I always use some Loctite 545 on all stuff like that as well. That stuff works wonders.
Dang I didn't use anything like that. Hope I didn't damage it. I'll try to take them out and put some locktite on them

Dang I didn't use anything like that. Hope I didn't damage it. I'll try to take them out and put some locktite on them

It's not just loctite, 545 is a hydraulic thread sealant designed for high pressure. Make sure you use the right stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom