Brake Rotors and Pads Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OEMGUY0720

Der liebe Gott steckt im detail
SILVER Star
Threads
Gents, what will you recommend for brake rotors replacement or upgrade? I’ve read so many reviews but I want to hear first hand experience from you.

Options I’ve read is as simple OE Rotors (part # 43512-60171) and Brake Pads replacement (part # 04466-60070).

Or Bosch? Brembo? DBA? And for aftermarket brake pads, what’s the best? Btw I will be using this truck for a long time - hauling the family, going on long road trips and eventually wheeling out in national parks and camping.

TIA!

I have DBA rotors and OEM pads. Love the stopping power even fully loaded.
Nice! Was the improvement that significant? And what DBA rotors model did you go for? There’s a lot of DBA rotors model they are offering.

Nice! Was the improvement that significant? And what DBA rotors model did you go for? There’s a lot of DBA rotors model they are offering.

Can't compare to brand new OEM rotors as I got mine 10k from changing them. But afterwards jt was night and day. I went with the T4000 slotted. Even fully armored and loaded up she stops great! And they fade alot slower than before. If you have the $ I think they're about as good as they get. OEM are also great and nearly 100 cheaper a rotor

Last edited:
I'm running the power stop Z36 truck and two performance brakes. Drilled and slotted and I love them and they look great also, stop on a dime.

20190520_123003.jpg

I recommend OEM Toyota
Initially I wanted this too, still considering it a lot, less complicated and reliable tried and tested. Also open for aftermarket ones that performs significantly better than OEMs.

I'm running the power stop Z36 truck and two performance brakes. Drilled and slotted and I love them and they look great also, stop on a dime.

View attachment 1996691
Thanks for the insight and first hand review. What specific model or part numbers for the rotors and pads is this?

Almost forgot I created a thread asking options on brake kits! Anyway to update, here it is

520712D6-1D8F-440F-9B64-52E4EB98FC9C.jpeg
F6EA3CEF-B04C-41C1-B141-91A135D0BCDC.jpeg
F5ED245B-2703-4779-80E7-67E3D1D35443.jpeg

EBC sport slotted + dimpled rotors
EBC Green Stuff pads

Brake response gets better everyday as the pads get well bedded on the rotors. No more vibration during light or heavy braking, no more steering veers while braking as well. Comparison with OEM pads + rotors, this combination is about 2x better. Very happy with this set. Looking forward now to change the rear pads too to EBC Green Stuff pads.

I had OEM rotors and pads installed in late Oct18 - 9 months and 7K miles ago. The rear pads are really squealing now - on long downhill sections especially bad. This has been noticeable for two months.

Any good suggestions on how to reduce / eliminate?

I have had good success with EBC in the past, and I need new front pads, so thinking I may go down a different path.

Brakes are still holding strong no squealing still have great stopping power, roughly 1500 miles so far
Been a few years now. Wondering if you'd still recommend the Z36 kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom