Brake line questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in the process of swapping in some full float, later model axles into my fj80 and have a question regarding brake lines. I need extended ones to accommodate my lift, so should I order brake lines specified for ‘91-‘92, or ‘93-‘97? Thanks for the help.

I got info from these two posts:

Toyota part #'s for the 3 frame to axle extended lines:
- 96940-34605 x1 for the Left (Driver) Front
- 90947-A2016 x1 for the Right (Passenger) Front
- 96940-34705 x1 for the rear

Toyota part #'s for the 4 axle to caliper lines:
- Front: 90947-02A16 x2
- Rears Right: 90947-02614 x1
- Rears Left: 90947-02615 x1

Did I mess up the part numbers? :D

I’m just trying to figure out the differences between the fj and fzj that I need to account, but it seems the part # beno posted will work with either application.

The main difference is that 91-92 models did not have ABS, 93 up ABS was an option. ABS is going to have one line to each front caliper from the ABS pump. I may not be correct but I recall other posts, in a non-ABS axle there would be one line from the master cylinder to the axle with a tee and hard-line to each wheel.

The main difference is that 91-92 models did not have ABS, 93 up ABS was an option. ABS is going to have one line to each front caliper from the ABS pump. I may not be correct but I recall other posts, in a non-ABS axle there would be one line from the master cylinder to the axle with a tee and hard-line to each wheel.
The plan is to use the wit’s end block off plates for the able system and get rid of all said components, I’m just trying to see if there are any hard lines I need to carry over or soft lines I need to accommodate. Thanks for the input.

I would reuse the hard lines on the axle unless they are getting crusty and rusty and throw some fresh soft lines on for the calipers. you should only need one soft line going ot the rear axle from the frame

I am doing the same swap as OP. I will "While I'm in there" replace my soft brake lines from the 4 calipers to axle, front axle to frame, and rear axle to frame. I believe those 6 lines are all of them. The rear FF axle has ABS. What do I need to do with the ABS lines?

I got info from these two posts:

Toyota part #'s for the 3 frame to axle extended lines:
- 96940-34605 x1 for the Left (Driver) Front
- 90947-A2016 x1 for the Right (Passenger) Front
- 96940-34705 x1 for the rear

Toyota part #'s for the 4 axle to caliper lines:
- Front: 90947-02A16 x2
- Rears Right: 90947-02614 x1
- Rears Left: 90947-02615 x1

Did I mess up the part numbers? :D

For people who still use the search function, I am confirming these part numbers are correct!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom