Brake hose compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Long story short, Ive had a total nightmare trying to get extended brake hoses for my truck and I’ve found a set for a non-abs 80 and need to confirm fitment before I pull the trigger.

So can anyone confirm if a non-abs spec 80 series front/rear Flexi brake hose will fit a 70 series (BJ71)?

Cheers

@divemedic and @roscoFJ73

Cheers for the replies.
I don’t really want to mess around with making them, I’m a bit wierd with working on brakes myself. I’m simply purchasing the lines so they can be fitted when the truck next goes into the shop.

I’ve found a front extended line off an HZJ75 which I’ve bought, I can’t find any rears though!

The 80 line should be the same thread, surely.. how different can they be?

Cheers

The company that sells those ones on ebay also sell them individually.

@divemedic and @roscoFJ73

Cheers for the replies.
I don’t really want to mess around with making them, I’m a bit wierd with working on brakes myself. I’m simply purchasing the lines so they can be fitted when the truck next goes into the shop.

I’ve found a front extended line off an HZJ75 which I’ve bought, I can’t find any rears though!

The 80 line should be the same thread, surely.. how different can they be?

Cheers

Some Supercheap stores have hoses on the shelf that you could go and size up.
Otherwise try RaceBrakes in Auckland - 0800 brakes I think they are, they probably have a whole range of sizes.

Lots of extended hoses on trademe - im pretty sure the threads are standard across toyota

im pretty sure the threads are standard across toyota

Thats what I think, and Nissan Patrol might even be the same. The 70 and 80 series parts numbers dont crossover but this is probably because the lengths are different between leaf and coil sprung suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom