Brake Cylinder Question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a long delay, the resto has resumed on my 1978 Aussie RHD FJ-45. Updated build thread to follow.

Problem/question. Purchased 8 new wheels cylinders and installed in their correct positions. All boxes were clearly marked. Then I realized the Rear axle/left rear position only had one side with flair for the brake line…the other inlet had the reverse as you can see in the pic. This is the cylinder that receives the fluid from the Main then ponys up to the front cylinder with bleeder. See pic

So will the brake line still seat and seal?? The old cylinder had 2 internal cones to seat the lines.

DDB134E5-381B-4EE0-A8CF-0BB2295266FA.jpeg

Update!! My bad as they say. Upon further inspection my eyes were playing tricks on me. Both inlets have the correct cone to seat both lines. So the rears are good to go.

Let me switch gears and ask a different question of the group regarding the Front axle.

Both Front Axle/Forward cylinders came without bleeders. My setup has the tee mounted to the backing plate so all 4 cylinders have bleeders. Big ass 3 inch brakes.
And before the obligatory “why didn’t you convert to disc?” Questions come, I’ll just state that my goal was to keep this rig all original. The brakes worked great. I know they’re a pain in the ass but we’ll get them squared up.

So the new question is will the bleeders I was sent seat properly on the cone inside the inlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom