Brake booster updrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I am looking for some advice I am running 35s and failed on its pull up test in nz I already have upgraded brakes and braided lines and rebuilt calipres. So what are the options to increase clamping force. Like is hydro boosting the way to go or is a upgraded vacuum option just as good thanks everyone.

Yea the lspv has been adjusted and set up good and master cyclinder and oem booster is in good condition just not powerful enough for what I need them to do. It’s a early 1992 hdj81 so no abs

Over here in nz we have to get a warrant of fitness very 6 months for older cars and 1 year for cars newer then 2000. But part of the wof is that it must pull up to 0kph from 100kph in 4.41 seconds to pass I was getting like 5 seconds

PDI Coolers out of Australia makes a dual diaphragm booster that would be a good upgrade.

PDI Dual Diaphragm

If you can I would bleed your system several times to make sure you get all of the air out of the system and new fluid in the braking system. Not sure if they are available to you in NZ but I just replaced my front pads with Power Stop's Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads.

Power Stop Z36 brake kit

The braking force has gotten a lot better then the cheap Auto Zone pads I was using.

Does the brake pedal feel solid during braking? Have you replaced the vacuum line from the booster to the manifold and the check valve on the booster itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom