Brake Booster replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78 FJ40, I believe I have brake booster issues, brakes are hard to press. I wanted to see if anyone has replaced their brake booster, if you have did you get booster from another model vehicle? I saw old thread about one from a 98 Tacoma being a direct bolt in replacement. Any information would be appreciated.

I also have this cityracer booster. Very good vendor and parts. If you’re replacing the master this might be an upgrade since the oem master is nla. Others can comment on this who have more experience. In my experience the booster has failed bc the master cylinder leaked…

I bought the City Racer vacuum booster also, and it is a quality piece. Still happy with it years later; would buy it again if ever needed for any project.

I had to drive Miss Scarlet to her first show using the hand brake. City Racer all the way. Five years later and over 5K miles with no problems.

Last night I put the booster in the shopping cart for drum brakes from city racer, but am curious if I can use the duel diaphragm for drum breaks knowing that eventually I’ll switch to disc. Will it work for drum?

How is the vacuum system? If there is any big leaks the booster may not engage well. Also, The master cylinder could be on its way out, mine caused hard pedal. Have you bleed the lines recently?

How is the vacuum system? If there is any big leaks the booster may not engage well. Also, The master cylinder could be on its way out, mine caused hard pedal. Have you bleed the lines recently?
Old mater cylinder let brake fluid into the booster, installed new master cylinder the other day, bled system no change, that’s the last piece of the puzzle for me. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom