Bought a 17 460GX this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the forum...just bought a new GX460 as a replacement for my wife's 14 mercedes ML bluetec.

Put on 100 miles in 2 days so far, and really liking it. Feels similar in many ways to an LR3 that we owned years ago, but better.

I doubt we will ever do any real off-roading, but its nice to know the capability is there. I did take it down a unplowed road (about a foot of snow), and it was fantastic. Far better than the ML.

Congrats. How'd the diesel Merc treat you guys? We had two years of bad luck with a Q7 diesel before giving up and coming back to Toyota.

Congrats. How'd the diesel Merc treat you guys? We had two years of bad luck with a Q7 diesel before giving up and coming back to Toyota.
Not a single issue. It was wonderful. This was a 14, so it had a 6 cylinder, which they dropped in favor of a 4 in 2015. We drove that and it was underpowered. The big reason we looked elsewhere is the all wheel drive system, which was great for all around driving, but would spin only one wheel if you were stuck in deep snow. Everything else about the ML was excellent.

I test drove the Lexus in the middle of a blizzard last week, and it was very, very good. And so I took advantage of being the only customer in the dealership during the snow emergency and agreed to a very fair deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom