Bosch 500 series dish washer problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
My 500 series Bosch dishwasher is suck on "Drain" mode. This generally happens when the pan gets filled with water (or so the internets says). The front door panel insulation is soaked and there is water in the pan. Over the last week, we would periodically find that there was water still in the bottom of the washer like the drain did not function properly. I took that apart and it is clean and clear. All water I put in the bottom gets cycled out instantly right now.

I suspect that the door was opened one too many times during a cycle and that triggered a failure somewhere. If the soap dispenser had it's seal go bad that could fill the door up with water, but I kinda doubt that happened.

I also was able to feel the impeller on the main circulation pump. It seems to be very well connected to the motor.

I'll take the dishwasher apart tonight and get a good look at it. Hopefully I can find a smoking gun to why it's leaking. Till then, anyone have similar experiences/suggestions??

Thanks!
Mace

Does it allow you to cancel to reset the drain "command"? What kind of dish soap are you using? I have heard tales of certain soaps leaving a "gunk" that prevents the impeller from rotating correctly.

It does not let me cancel. If I turn the washer off and back on the drain immediately starts.

Which, from what I have read, means the floats are either stuck or functioning properly (water in the pan)
Impeller on the drain feels great. Slight resistance with the magnets that run it. No wobble at all, and when I pour water into the base it's flushed out nicely.

When the drain restarts does the system flush? or does the liquid remain? I am wondering if possibly one of three things has happened. 1, the impeller is still on the shaft but spinning freely and not sitting solidly on the shaft. 2, The drain line is partially occluded. 3, the drain pump motor is becoming or has become weak.

if I add water to the bottom of the washer and turn it "on" the water is flushed out rapidly. The drain pump works properly. It's just being told to stay on. The only way I can make the drain pump stop is to turn the machine off..

OK, I get where you are coming from now. It definitely sounds like a float switch issue. I always try to look for the least expensive repair option first. I wonder if it is either (most likely) the switch or the board that controls the switch (least likely)

There is water in the pan, so that switch may be working properly. I just have to figure out why there is water in the pan (and apparently in the door)

So, tonight when I got home, the washer was full of water. I think the fill solenoid is leaking.

btw, fill solenoid was the culprit. Swapped out and we are good as new :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom