Bluetooth Switch Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to sell these assembled :)

It’s very simple I assure you that you can do it. The air compressor requires all the high amp stuff. And as I didn’t have any accessory infrastructure I had to build that out. Just using for switching on an existing setup would be super simple.

It’s very simple I assure you that you can do it. The air compressor requires all the high amp stuff. And as I didn’t have any accessory infrastructure I had to build that out. Just using for switching on an existing setup would be super simple.

you're giving me way too much credit. I'm a sales guy :p .

Thanks for flattering me though :)

@gentimmy Oh, I still think you qualify. If you can run a hammer, screwdriver, heat gun and wire stripper you can build this entire pictured setup.
Hammer -> Big Crimper for 1/0 and 4 gauge (I did cut these gauges with an angle grinder, but there are a many ways to cut with other tools)
Wire stripper -> the littler gauges, it also crimps the little stuff
Screwdriver -> to tighten terminals
Heat gun -> Heat shrink

You will need time . . . no way around that one, prefab or not

So I use my compressor infrequently, like once a month. The last 2 times I had to reboot my iPhone to reset the Bluetooth stack to connect. Repeat use that day or the next day works fine, but if it is a while then another reboot.

I'm not fussed, but want to make sure if someone looking at this as an option what the reality likely will be.

It maybe the 433 mhz fob is the best wireless solution.

I still feel far ahead of dealing with installing a hard switch in the cabin.

Added my rear elocker to the Bluetooth switch app. Easy to do, just get the wires in the correct polarity on the relay.

This is a use case where a light or physical switch would be useful.

For compressor or driving lights and other obviously on/off items I think bt is perfect. For the rear locker, knowing it’s on, and knowing it’s on so it can be turned off are pretty important.

I’m going to use it with bt for now, but have an old style diff lock switch in the garage and am definitely open to mounting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom