1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Block ID?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by rockcod, Feb 21, 2007.

1. rockcod

rockcod No Brain, No Headache!

I searched, but came up empty. Everything that did show up did not go back far enough. The motor in my 63 FJ40 is stamped F177638, the vin states it should be F177061. My questions are what year is the motor and is it an F135?

Thanks

2. my64fj40

my64fj40

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    An F135 will have the little picture of Mount Fuji right after the engine block number. There are other telltale signs (siamese port, etc). Judging from your number, that's what you have. Here is mine from 9/64

[​IMG]

4. rockcod

My64fj40,

I went to the SOR page, but it does not list my block number series. The list starts at 1969. Thanks for the reply.

IDave,

I had to clean the pad area to find the Mt. Fuji, it was there. The valve cover has the F135 decal on it, but since the motor appears to have been swapped out, I want to make sure what it is.

Thank you for info.
    snotz 003_small.jpg snotz 007_small.jpg

5. '69 Yota

'69 Yota SILVER Star

I have the same question. My block number is F205173 and it has siamesed ports. I looked at the sor chart and obviously they don't go back far enough. Is there anything to the number that tells a person what year it is? It's in a '69, but I know it's older than that. I don't have it here to look for Mt. Fuji.

6. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, Rockcod, since your block number is between the one on your plate and mine, and your truck is a 63, you know your current F was built between the manufacture date of your truck and mine (which is original according to the vin plate). My manufacture date is 9/64, or maybe 7 or 8 of 64

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. Cruiser_Nerd

Cruiser_Nerd That 25 Guy. Moderator SILVER Star

Yes, it's a F135. That number is almost close enough to call original. ;) The engine number should match that on the VIN plate, so you already know it was a replacement.

Just an aside.................The engine numbers jump around a bit and don't necessarily go up with the VIN numbers. Almost like there was a big pile of motors that was drawn from randomly. Don't forget that these motors were also being used in the medium duty trucks at the same time. The 200xxx numbers should be around '64.

I thought someone started a database, or at least a thread on the early numbers, I didn't search.

8. rockcod

IDave and Cruiser_Nerd,

Thanks for the help, I am sure I will have more questions for you guys.
    :bounce: {---- Snotz