Blacksmith - Land Cruiser Nut. Intro/Help. Abby (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All!

Very long time lurker jumping in here. If this is the wrong spot to post this please direct me to the right place!

A brief synopsis of who I am. Currently in Abbotsford BC I am a blacksmith who has a shop full of vintage blacksmithing tools that I use to make axes along with lots of youtube vids showing the process etc. Check out my channel here to get to know me better!

I've always been in love with LandCruisers from young up and currently have a 1971 fj40 and at one time drove it daily, but sadly due to starting/running a small business I've have had it parked for many years. Its a bit of a story, on how I got our current 1991 4runner, but I won't get into that now, but we are a one family vehicle and last night sadly I believe our 4runner has packed it in. And so this brings me to the gist of this thread. I am wondering if any body local (fraser valley) knows of anybody who would

A.) know of somebody who might want to sell a 60 series for us to bring into the family.
B.) Want to buy a 1971 fj40 or trade.
C.) Know of a good mechanic that would be interested in taking on repairing a overheated 3.0 V6 engine.

The 4runner has really become a part of our family, and the youtube channel as well, so I'd either like to fix it or find another vehicle (60 series) that would fit in and become part of the family.

Thanks for your time. Please reach out if you know of anything!

Thank you.
Cheers
Tim

Thanks for posting! I am in Abby as well. Unfortunately, my local mechanics who I know have moved away in recent years.

That 3.0 may not be worth fixing if it's a warped head/leaky head gasket. You could swap a newer 3.4 into it but either fixing or swapping will costs a few k regardless; if you have to pay someone to do it.

Post up pics of your '71; there may be some interest here for that one.

disturbed industries which is just on the other side of the train tracks from home depot in sumas. He is a well known toyota guy and his bread and butter are 4runners/tacomas/toyota pickups. Ryan Thom is the owner, give them a call and talk options for your runner. He should be able to give you some accurate prices for the job and tell you if its worth it or not. His shop rate was a bit lower than everyone else I talked to as well (at least it was 2 years ago when I was there)

Was going to suggest Ryan at Disturbed as well.

Cheers
gb

Looks like they moved to Mission! Looks like a nice new shop!

33221 Glasgow Ave Mission. Open again on Jan. 3 (according to crackbook anyway)

1640809738993.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom