1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Roof on FJ Cruiser?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by MJ_Oregon, Aug 24, 2006.

1. MJ_Oregon

MJ_Oregon

See link below:
    https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=106780

I have looked all over and this is the first FJC I have seen with a black roof. I just might buy one if I can get with the black roof.

Anybody have one or seen them for sale anywhere? I did not see anything on the toyota website.

2. FirstToy

FirstToy

I think the owner did it himself. I do remember reading it might be a feature of an upcoming limited edition but I don't think any have it right now.

The flat black roof/ gloss black looks nice. Kinda functional and agressive.

3. Sno bored

Sno bored

I saw one at the dealer in Denver that looked like the one in the picture. It had a lift, bumpers, winch, and black rims. They wanted an extra $10,000 for all of the extras. You could just buy one and get the roof painted yourself

4. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

Yah if the only thing holding you back is the roof colour, just paint a normal one.

5. Brazenhead

Brazenhead

Or just get a silver one, people don't even notice the roof is white. I'll be talking to people about my FJ and they'll say " ya i saw a blue one and a yellow one but they both had white tops". Then i'll tell them to take a look at mine. They'll reply with a wow i didn't even notice yours was white too.

6. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    I'm willing to bet the white roof does help with interior temps, just as the original FJ40s did. Personally, I almost painted the roofs of my old FJ60 and FJ80 white for that very reason.

-H-

7. k9crazy

k9crazy K9CRZ SILVER Star

It really does help with the temps inside. Since I lifted mine, it no longer fits in the parking deck at the airport, so I have to park on the top, in the sun. I left for 2 days, came home in the middle of a hot Atlanta day, and it was NOT burning up inside. I don't think you could pay me to paint that white roof. I am ready to paint the shingles on my house white too!

8. PASON21

PASON21

I too love ny white roof for looks and functionality. You can't tellme there is no difference.

9. OFRD_GRL

OFRD_GRL

i LOVE my white roof... other than the streaks it shows when it rains LOL but for serious the FJ just doesnt get baking inside.

for the sake of visuals... a blue truck/blue roof/blue mirrors/blue bumper wings - ugh i mean caps... i photoshopped my FJ into UBER uglyness for another forum... as a joke.. so dont think i like this LOL
    [​IMG]

and if you wanted to know what a stretch limo FJ looks like (super fast/bad photoshop job LOL):
    [​IMG]

10. Lovey

Lovey Oct 2004

^^^^^^^

That really hurts the eyes.
    I pray to never see that again.

11. OFRD_GRL

OFRD_GRL

lol im sorry!

12. Blues Dawg

Blues Dawg

Media:
    Albums:
    You should be afraid you'll give some yahoo ideas! If I have to rescue some lowered FJ on 22" spinners, I'm blaming you!

13. Runner Ryan

Runner Ryan

That's awsome! Ha ha ha. Ugly, but funny.:D

14. green73

green73

Media:
    Albums:
    You can bet some tard will stretch one as a limo! And the lowered blingin' thing is just a given. Unfortunate as it sounds.

My input on the monotone body. WTF did most of these potential buyers think the roof was white for? So many rag on it, but it is functional, and helps with the retro look. I personally hate/detest the monotone look. Sure the lase of the FJ cruiser line with a white roof was the 55 series, but they should have kept that tradition.

15. Michael1

Michael1

I like the white roof, too. When I test drove one after being in the blazing sun, it was amazing how fast the A/C cooled it down with the reduced roof sunload. White also doesn't show scratches and other mishaps as much as darker colors either.

My only complaint is they put the white/body color paint break line about a 1/4 inch BELOW the body/roof sheet metal break line, which makes no sense.

Michael

16. Maintz

Maintz

I would like to see some actual test results on interior temps, white vs. darker roofs.
    I drove a black car for six years, and really didn't notice more extreme temps than other lighter-color cars I've owned. I did always put up a reflective windshield screen, and the interior was a light gray. My very next car was the same model, but silver with a dark graphite interior, and it was noticeably hotter inside than the black one.
    So, I've of the opinion that the interior makes more difference than the top's color, but someone please prove me wrong, as I would paint the top on a FJC in a heartbeat..

17. hammer1

hammer1

any ideas on the rack on the FJ? i see that its clearly attatched to the factory one. I need some sort of basket type rack for my ne FJ, for camping stuff.

18. LandCrusher'70

LandCrusher'70

[​IMG]

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">