BJ73 with bench seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, wondering if anyone has any idea where these jump seats could've been bolted onto, and if might be a pain in the arse to revert to a normal bench seat. I would assume the original bolt holes are still there, and I believe I can also bolt in rear seat belts.

It's a bit far (4.5 hours) to drive to go take a look in person, so thought I'd take a chance on here. I did ask him about it and he seemed horrified I'd want to change it back, but probably also a bit of a language barrier. Hard to get hold of the 3B versions in Portugal, especially ones that haven't been completely trashed.

image;s=1000x700.jpeg

I am not sure where the jump seats are mounted to. In the photo it looks like the right side ones are on the rollcage, but also maybe mounted to the body just below the windows. Where the black paint is below the windows in mine below. Someone could have drilled into that to mount them, otherewise its an open cavity behind them and they would have had to add bracing.

For a factory bench there would be floor mounts that the seat locks into that the green arrows point. They are located in about the middle of the wheel wells. The fronts are 4 bolt holes (two per side) that the seat actually bolts into and allows it to fold up. Those are located in line with the wheel wells just in front of them before the floor drops down into the footwell.

1680021316957.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom