BJ73 Engine HR588 VM part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I want to improve a little bit the airflow in the engine bay and I was wondering if I can mount there a blade (of maybe if there is already one from factory and I'm missing the part)

1660733022794.png

I reckon that I have a lot of MacGyver on the engine (BMW servo, radiator is from a farm vehicle, small car cooling liquid recipient) - just to mention those that I know.
What I'm interested is I can mount there a fan (with or without the visco clutch)

Absolutely. Every engine with an ordinary cooler has a fan in one or the other way. If not mounted to the engine, it probably has an electric fan next to the cooler? No fan at all would be really weird.
A broader pic of the entire engine bay would be interesting.
Two fans would certainly interfere and are not recommended, though.
A quick Google search showed some pics of the engine. As expected there should be a fan with a visco clutch and and a shroud around it.
I however have no idea where to find detail part numbers concerning the VM diesel Landcruiser application. As the engine is from Italy and the build from Portugal, the usual parts sites might fail. Did you try partsouq.com or amayama.com or toyodiy.com with your VIN, though?
You might also Google for the engine in general. I doubt the fan for the Landcruiser build would be any special; probably just the one used on any other application of that engine. The shroud however might be Landcruiser specific..
If our engine has so many mods there might be a reason why it was left out, e.g. not enough space between pulley and cooler?
Cheers Ralf

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I also have a BJ73 2.5 VM Land Cruiser. where is everyone buying new parts for these engines? having trouble finding simple stuff like an alternator! I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
-Tommy

Hey everyone! I also have a BJ73 2.5 VM Land Cruiser. where is everyone buying new parts for these engines? having trouble finding simple stuff like an alternator! I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
-Tommy
Hi Tommy,

I usually get them from junkyards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom