bj42 exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all, i'm getting some custom exhaust fabbed up for the 42(can spec n/a 3b h42 24 v) and the fellow doing it has some questions;

- is there supposed to be a bracket from the down pipe to the engine or trans to support or stabilize vibrations?

-can anyone recommend a good muffler?

exhaust will be 2.5 " 13 ga aluminized pipe

thanks,
chris

Yes there is a bracket that is bolted to the bellhousing (if i remember correctly), and a clamp that holds the down pipe. If you are missing this, the rattle of the engine will probably break the down pipe at the manifold flange like mine did when my clamp was missing.

Joel

ok, good to know joel. does anyone have one of these they could sell me or know a toyota part #? alternately this should be pretty easy to build. not having seen one i would think it could be made out of flat bar. if you have one on yours could you take a picture?
is there one type of muffler that is better for diesels than gas?

Here you go, i can try to look up the toyota part number tonight, let me know if you need it.
Photo_082506_001.jpg

Any kind of U-Bolt or pipe bracket can fix it.

No part # because it came with the OEM pipe. The dealer price was not so bad. Take a look first.

thanks eleblanc for the pic that should help, is it bolted through a bellhousing bolt? if you find a part # from toyota i would try at my dealership in victoria to check the price. does look pretty easy to build though... the way this engine shakes you have to have one.
so anybody have advice on mufflers for diesels or will gasser mufflers do?

Here's a better pic, mine is still pulled apart...
netprog.jpg

striker3636 said:
Here's a better pic, mine is still pulled apart...

Mmmm clean engine !

But, I stil believe that part came with the pipe. Maybe no ! I hope for you ... let us know anyway. Lot of thing can fix the pipe and make a clean job.

Mine is not to old, I will check for a part #

Last edited:
chris hancock said:
does look pretty easy to build though... the way this engine shakes you have to have one.

Yes, make sure you run one, unless: consider putting in a flex pipe on the downward leg. In fact, this might be the best way. Not sure when the bracket that attachs to the bellhousing disappeared, but I bet it was when the flex pipes came in.

chris hancock said:
so anybody have advice on mufflers for diesels or will gasser mufflers do?

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

Never tried one on a diesel without a turbo, so I don't know how the 2525 would sound. You might need the 2525XL (with built in resonator). Maybe contact thier dealer in Canada and see what their experience is.

hths

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom