1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bj42 exhaust

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by chris hancock, Aug 23, 2006.

1. chris hancock

chris hancock

hey all, i'm getting some custom exhaust fabbed up for the 42(can spec n/a 3b h42 24 v) and the fellow doing it has some questions;

- is there supposed to be a bracket from the down pipe to the engine or trans to support or stabilize vibrations?

-can anyone recommend a good muffler?

exhaust will be 2.5 " 13 ga aluminized pipe

thanks,
    chris

2. Petzel

Petzel

Media:
    Yes there is a bracket that is bolted to the bellhousing (if i remember correctly), and a clamp that holds the down pipe. If you are missing this, the rattle of the engine will probably break the down pipe at the manifold flange like mine did when my clamp was missing.

Joel

3. chris hancock

chris hancock

ok, good to know joel. does anyone have one of these they could sell me or know a toyota part #? alternately this should be pretty easy to build. not having seen one i would think it could be made out of flat bar. if you have one on yours could you take a picture?
    is there one type of muffler that is better for diesels than gas?

4. eleblanc

eleblanc

Media:
    Albums:
    Here you go, i can try to look up the toyota part number tonight, let me know if you need it.
    Photo_082506_001.jpg

5. David*BJ70

David*BJ70 Looking forward to reach the end of the world

Any kind of U-Bolt or pipe bracket can fix it.

No part # because it came with the OEM pipe. The dealer price was not so bad. Take a look first.

6. chris hancock

chris hancock

thanks eleblanc for the pic that should help, is it bolted through a bellhousing bolt? if you find a part # from toyota i would try at my dealership in victoria to check the price. does look pretty easy to build though... the way this engine shakes you have to have one.
    so anybody have advice on mufflers for diesels or will gasser mufflers do?

7. striker3636

striker3636

Here's a better pic, mine is still pulled apart...
    netprog.jpg

8. David*BJ70

David*BJ70 Looking forward to reach the end of the world

Mmmm clean engine !

But, I stil believe that part came with the pipe. Maybe no ! I hope for you ... let us know anyway. Lot of thing can fix the pipe and make a clean job.

Mine is not to old, I will check for a part #

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  9. Rigpig

Rigpig

Chris, i've got one here you can use as a template if you like. I'd offer it up, but i need it for the 3B on the garage floor.
    Cheers
    Dan

10. Greg_B

Greg_B

Yes, make sure you run one, unless: consider putting in a flex pipe on the downward leg. In fact, this might be the best way. Not sure when the bracket that attachs to the bellhousing disappeared, but I bet it was when the flex pipes came in.

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

Never tried one on a diesel without a turbo, so I don't know how the 2525 would sound. You might need the 2525XL (with built in resonator). Maybe contact thier dealer in Canada and see what their experience is.

hths

gb

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">