Bilstein shocks for 2004 Sequoia 2wd? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any experience with these?

My son totaled his 80 series LC and now is driving a 2004 Sequoia. He loves the size and the V8 only issue he has is that it looks like a soccer mom car. I have to admit I kind of agree with him. I got him a bull bar and some KC lights for Christmas but had one other thought. It rides a little rough so I was wondering if I got him some of those Bilstein struts that raise the front 1-1.5” and the rear about 0.5” if that would improve the ride and possibly allow for little larger tire giving a more the look of a guys truck with a little taller profile and possibly enough room to replace his 265/70R16 with 285/70R16s (or similar...if he wants to buy some new rims himself). I’d be willing to to the struts if they would improve the ride and provide more clearance (killing 2 birds with one stone). Don’t want it to like he is trying to make a 2wd look like off road monster just make it look more like a guy’s truck than a grocery getter. Any thoughts?

I have Bilstein on the family truckster, '05 Expedition and on the '18 Tundra. I used them on all my vintage 911's.

But......I have also used, wait for it......KYB's and found them to be a wonderful addition to the suspension. The handling improved and I reckon I must have put 100K on those things and they were working as good as new when that Explorer v8 was sold. Go figure.

in fact I may use KYBs on the next F40 restoration. I find them to be just the good. Others may have a different opinion.

This is my set up on my 04 2WD. I love it and get compliments all the time. Will eventually get a 4wd, but for now, she's perfect.

This was a much needed upgrade. The tank felt like I was on a boat in rough waters all the time.

Super smooth and eats up bumps like nothing.

Front: Bilsteins 24-261425 (Top Notch)
Rear: Bilsteins 33-187174
OME 2862 Rear Springs
1.5" Synergy Performance Wheel Spacers
285/70/17 - Federal Couragia MT Mud Terrain Tire

Overall, I gained about 3.5 inches of height. I love the look without the step rails, but need them for my 2 and 4 year olds to climb in. They hate being boosted up and find it entertaining to climb in...

IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

This is my set up on my 04 2WD. I love it and get compliments all the time. Will eventually get a 4wd, but for now, she's perfect.

This was a much needed upgrade. The tank felt like I was on a boat in rough waters all the time.

Super smooth and eats up bumps like nothing.

Front: Bilsteins 24-261425 (Top Notch)
Rear: Bilsteins 33-187174
OME 2862 Rear Springs
1.5" Synergy Performance Wheel Spacers
285/70/17 - Federal Couragia MT Mud Terrain Tire

Overall, I gained about 3.5 inches of height. I love the look without the step rails, but need them for my 2 and 4 year olds to climb in. They hate being boosted up and find it entertaining to climb in...

View attachment 1866975 View attachment 1866976 View attachment 1866977 View attachment 1866978
Thank you Crunchy! This is the exact info I was looking for. This gives me a very good idea of what it would look like since it is the same paint scheme and you described the same feeling I have when I drive that thing. Glad to know you like your setup. Thinking I will copy (but likely going AT for the tires instead of the MTs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom