Billet aluminum oil filter cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey folks. I'm in the process of manufacturing an improved oil filter cap that will work on the 2010+ FJC. The drain is either a simple plug (no spring loaded valve to pop w/ the drain tool), or a Fumoto/EZ Valve. The 64.5mm 14 flute wrench design is replaced with a standard 2 1/2" 6 point wheel bearing socket. It can take all the torque and won't become wedged in place or round off the cap. The deep design allows the valve to remain place. The stock bypass valve can be retained, or a high performance bypass valve will be optional. Price starts at $99... Available soon. Any questions? Please ask.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Went to your web site, but it says you are already sold out. Or maybe it says that because it's not available yet? Anyway, I'm interested in this.

Brian, are you shipping yet? The web site says the filter caps use a "six point 2 1/2" socket design... normally utilized for wheel bearings." But all the Land Cruiser wheel bearings I know about use a 54mm socket, which is ~2.1" Please confirm that your filter cap is designed for a 54mm LC wheel bearing socket. Lastly, I've read mixed reviews about EZ Drain Valves (e.g., "it's too easy to knock into the open position") and since I have no personal experience with these can you say a bit about your experience with these valves. It not like you change your oil more than 2-3 times a year, so is the EZ Valve save that much time? Oh yeah, one more thing: do I still need to replace the oil filter gasket each time I change the filter with your cap?

Tom, the V8 units are just now shipping. The V6 units should be done within the month of September. I did consider using the 54mm socket, but several issues, including strength and drain valve clearance made using the 2 1/2" a better choice. I have them available for purchase with the caps, or you can purchase your own. They are inexpensive and common since they are used on F150 trucks. The valves are not easy to knock open, but if one is worried about it, a spring clip can be placed on the lever that will eliminate all possibility.

Installed
IMG_4701.JPG

Hey folks. I'm in the process of manufacturing an improved oil filter cap that will work on the 2010+ FJC. The drain is either a simple plug (no spring loaded valve to pop w/ the drain tool), or a Fumoto/EZ Valve. The 64.5mm 14 flute wrench design is replaced with a standard 2 1/2" 6 point wheel bearing socket. It can take all the torque and won't become wedged in place or round off the cap. The deep design allows the valve to remain place. The stock bypass valve can be retained, or a high performance bypass valve will be optional. Price starts at $99... Available soon. Any questions? Please ask.

View attachment 1291346 View attachment 1291347
you still making these for 200 series?

No PM received (I'll double check), and my jowettperformance email has been inaccessible for sometime despite hours speaking with godaddy.

Despite that, my apologies to all. I have secured pricing, but have yet make the decision to go forward. This for personal reasons. I won't keep you hanging much longer.

View attachment 1291346 View attachment 1291347
Wat is your websitw

Available? Im interested. will it fit my ls460 or lx470?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom