Big fuel tank, which trucks have em? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2012 Crewmax with the small (26 gal) tank. I want to do the big tank upgrade but hoping to find a tank out of a salvage truck instead of buying new. Does anyone know if certain trucks came with the big tank, like long bed or grade/sr5 trim or was this a special order item on any truck?

it was an option on the gen3. if you do, knock out the anti roll valve before it gets stuck and leaves you stranded not able to fill your tank

GL finding a used tank, or maybe you’ll have better luck than me.

I had one lined up via CL, seller mysteriously ‘sold it’ hours before I was going to drive down, it had been FS solidly a few weeks.

But it’s possible since both the big Tundra sites have threads about retrofitting aside from the one here on Mud.

I’m still hunting a used one, but I’ll prob just breakdown & buy a new one - I’m barely getting 10mpg average with the 37” KM3’s.

If you find 2, kick a PM my way - I’m just close to paying the new price.

Thanks folks. I've done some reading in the last couple of days and learned a lot. I might go with Transferflow or LRA more likely if I can't source a 38 gallon in a yard. Personally the overall package of the LRA 46 gallon appeals to me the most. I have some experience with mounting larger/aftermarket tanks from Transferflow and Aerotanks, who I have not even checked with, but I bet if they did anything for a Tundra ever it would be well known.

I'll update this as I go. Unfortunately we're about to hit the Western states for a few weeks with the little 26 gallon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom