Big 200 gets a bigger house battery and inverter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks dope! Dumb question: would you ever think twice about leaving a LiFePO4 battery in your truck full time? Summertime in cab temps can easily hit 110-120 even with fancy tint. I guess I’m still a little apprehensive about leaving something like that in my truck 24/7.
 
looks dope! Dumb question: would you ever think twice about leaving a LiFePO4 battery in your truck full time? Summertime in cab temps can easily hit 110-120 even with fancy tint. I guess I’m still a little apprehensive about leaving something like that in my truck 24/7.
Temperature to initiate thermal runaway in a LFP cell is quite high, 230C (446F). In cabin temps of 110 - 120F are not a problem. SEI layer degradation doesn't happen until 85C (185F), so really not a problem from a safety standpoint. I keep an LFP in my 80 as a house battery full time. If you are cycling the battery at high temperature it will result in faster cycle life degradation.
 
looks dope! Dumb question: would you ever think twice about leaving a LiFePO4 battery in your truck full time? Summertime in cab temps can easily hit 110-120 even with fancy tint. I guess I’m still a little apprehensive about leaving something like that in my truck 24/7.
With a high quality battery it's not really a concern. I wouldn't recommend mounting it where sunlight can add extra heat though. I think we all get a little sketched out with the cheap batteries from overseas.
 
Back
Top Bottom