BHCC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ttt

13 days till I leave......

Thanx man. Not like I dont have enough crap to worry about

Six Days

48 hours.....

My copilot just flew into town last night. We are busy packing up and installing the new FF. It is 1600 miles so if we leave on Sat we should arrive on Mon afternoon. There better be some cold beer when I get there!

Less than 20 hours.....

leaving in the morning. God the truck is heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in 1 piece.

Here are just a few observations...

Dearborn is a complete lunitic on the trial. You are guarenteed a good time just by watching him.

Gears are a good thing. Having no gears means a burning clutch

Wagons are cool. 3 wagons are even cooler

Having a 20 year old landcruiser that will drive 10 hours to the black hills so you can beat the tar out of it, only to subject it to 10 more hours driving home, is a beautiful and religious experience.

Good times, pics sometime later.

I spoke with David Dearborn this afternoon. After wheeling in South Dakota he is now headed to Colorado to wheel about a week. He said he has not had any mechanical issues except for broke spring. Has averaged 15 mpg on his 2600 mile journey loaded down with gear. Promised to send pics soon.

dawgdaze said:
I spoke with David Dearborn this afternoon. Has averaged 15 mpg on his 2600 mile journey loaded down with gear. Promised to send pics soon.

Loaded down with gear but probably stripped of half of his sheet metal. :D

He didn't do too bad this year. Because of his bent rear spring, he was trying to unload anything he didn't need to have. I got a dutch oven out of the deal :princess:
He was getting rid of spares jerry can's etc.. just to keep the load down. I don't think Ive ever seen anyone travel like that. Gotta love the wagon.

majanrk said:
I got a dutch oven out of the deal :princess: in the love wagon.

I bet that was rounchy. ;)

All I gave away was an old dutch oven, a folding chair I hated and some water. Extra crap I did not need. Also sold some inners and outers to one of the canadians.

Dave, looks like you will have about 1 month to get ready for ICBM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom