BFG 33X10.50-15 KM2's replaced by KO2's - Comparison (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the BFG 33X10.50-15 KM2's on my 60 with KO2's in the same size. WOW! What an improvement.

I ran the old style KO's for years, and liked them. 2 years ago, I needed tires and there were no KO's in that size available, and they would not be available for several months, so I tried the KM2's.

Not a real hardcore off roader, travel a lot of dirt/gravel roads, but we end up in some rough areas with some water. We do spend more time on pavement than dirt - 60/40-70/30%, and tow the 60 behind our motor home when we travel also.

The KM's look great, and when new, were pretty quiet, but very squirmy and somewhat wallowey - are these words? As they aged, they grew louder. I kept them roated every 2500 miles, and they wore pretty well and evenly, just became much loader. The wallowey feeling was always present. I had though it was the OME suspension going soft. but it was the KM2's. And yes, I tried different air pressures, and they felt the same.

I like to replace my tires every 3 years, and decided to try the new KO2's. I found 4 of them mounted, balanced with tax, etc for $815 at Americas tire with a $100 BFG rebate, and another $50 from Americas Tire. So $165.25 each out the door!

On the way home, the KO2's felt really good. No squirm or wallow, and soooo quiet. I know...new tires are always nice, but these drove really well!

I took my 60 on a late season Sierra fly fishing trip last week with the new tires. It was shocking how much better they rode, handled, drove, sounded, and best of all, I picked up about 1.5 mpg over the KM2's. All good things.

The squirm and wallowing were 100% gone, steering was easy and straight, and it was so quiet inside, very nice. I ran the exact same pressure as KM2;s and the older style KO's, so this was a fair comparison. It has been too long since I ran the old KO's to be fair in comparing them to the new KO2's, but I really like these KO2's.

I did nothing too serious off road, but miles of dirt roads, sand, some water crossings and lots of rocks and gravel, and they worked well, and again, the ride was really good, especially on wash board sections. Much better than the KM2's in my opinion.

Hopefully, we will get some snow this year and I can see how the KO2's do. The old KO's were OK, and I always carried chains if needed, but most often they were not needed. The KM2's were sketchy on snow and terrible packed snow. I was never on much ice with them. but I suspect they would be bad there also. The KO2's have the snowflake, so I suspect they will be at least as good as the KO's.

I have read about the KO2 problems, and hope these have been corrected.

Time will tell, but very satisfied so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I have a set on order from Costco to replace my TOYO's. I'm also going from 30's to 33's. This made me feel better about spending the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom