Best HVLP spray gun for the money? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser thanks, but i am not looking for high volume. the opposite actually :cheers:

Isn't that what an HVLP gun is? High Volume Low Pressure?

i am looking for a high volume low pressure paint gun, but I am not looking for a high volume (aka big) pressurized remote paint container. I should have just said "large paint pot" instead to make it clear.

i am looking for a high volume low pressure paint gun, but I am not looking for a high volume (aka big) pressurized remote paint container. I should have just said "large paint pot" instead to make it clear.
I knew what you was asking for. I was just trying to give a variety;). Actually many does not know about those pots. Admittedly I had no clue they existed until 2005. On guns its really hit or mis on the cheaper brands. I have 2 from Harbor freight both under 40 bucks or so. Honestly I cannot complain about them. The ones with several smaller holes are far better than one bigger one unless its adjustable at the end. They seem to have a good spray pattern. I have seen really good gravity feed style on the job and really crappy ones like anything else.

One I have Semlin is like this one....its awesome....no really..and it cheap

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Anytime you get a new gun practice.....adjust the spray pattern.....I like low volume with more coats.

i have one like that. works great but has a lot of overspray and a big paint pattern.

I want a very low pressure gun since I will be working inside a heated garage in winter and the less fumes and overspray the better. Since I am painting motorcycle frames and parts, I also only need a detail gun with a small pattern.

having done my research, I think an Iwata LPH50 would be perfect for my needs. unfortunately, it is spendy especially when you factor in that it does not come with a regulator and prolly needs an extra tip to do primer. I am going to wait until after christmas and then try and get a cheaper gun with a regulator for the primer first and then maybe get the iwata or something similar on sale.

Last edited:
Well I went with the harbour freight gun. My reasoning was I wont be doing a lot of painting and If it/i sucks at it I am not out much money. I will report back with pics of my results! Wish me luck.:beer:Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom