Best H1 bulb for Depot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 1999 100 series recently with Depot headlights. One of the H1 high beams is burnt out. I HAVE SEARCHED and I was getting overwhelmed with results. Many people have projector bulbs and morimoto conversions. Mine seems to be pretty forward Depot conversion, and I am looking for something plug and play H1.

I am looking for the best H1 bulbs. Many people are using Osram, Narva 55w, 100W and long life. Some people have bulbs with +30 gas, or +50 gas. Phillips 100 W, different Sylvania. What do you use, and like?

If you're happy with the Depo optiques, your choice of bulb is what is legal, and what works best. Read this guys website, he is a very knowledgeable, and down to earth guy to deal with. Tons of info on what is legal, what works, and what doesn't. He also tests bulbs and optiques and sells the best he can find. Basically, 55w 12v or 70w 24v are the maximum you can run on the road legally in NA. Buy an uncoloured quality European bulb, the basic bulb will get you fine performance and long life. The "up-rated" bulbs will give you a bit more light (lots of unfounded hype and manufacturers claims) but at a far greater cost and a much, MUCH shorter bulb life!

You might consider loading your Depo’s with HID’s. They make a huge difference in visibility. Super bright. I loaded mine with Morimoto’s from the retrofit source.com. They are very familiar with Depo’s and will steer your to the right kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom