Best fittings for brake lines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace some of my hardlines. Originally my plan was to go stainless, until I read about how easy NiCopp is to work with....and offers essentially the same benefit as stainless (ie won't corrode or rust out) without any of the downside - tough to bend or get good flares. My question is round the fittings. I'd purchased a pack of stainless fittings. Should I use these or could they damage the flares...or am I better using some of these Amazon product ASIN B01DAQ0MV2
Thanks. Strangely looking forward to making some brake lines....I'm sure that'll wear off quickly.

I just replaced the driver's front hard line with NiCopp and stainless fittings. Seems to work fine, no leaks.

My first time doing this kind of work, NiCopp and the Titan flare tool made it super easy.

Thanks. Got the titan too. Think I’ll go with the stainless. I had to cut one of my because the old fitting was completely corroded. Soaked it in PB Blaster for a week and it still wouldn’t come loose.

I just replaced the driver's front hard line with NiCopp and stainless fittings. Seems to work fine, no leaks.

My first time doing this kind of work, NiCopp and the Titan flare tool made it super easy.
Where did you get your stainless fittings that are not threaded all the way to the end?

I've seen those but was under the impression (from a number of people here on Mud) that the threads should absolutely not go all the way to the end of the fitting (but i guess they are working for you.....
yep, they worked fine for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom