Beginner trail near Steamboat Springs CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am traveling to Steamboat Springs CO next week. We may have one day spare time and I am trying to find some beginner - beginner off road scenic view trail to drive. It would be perfect that the trail have some stops/areas that lead to walking trails so my wife and kids can get off the car. My rag is 05 stock 100 serious. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Whiskey Park Road--15 +/- miles (easy gravel FS Road) through forest and crosses over into Wyoming (becomes Hog Park Road) for another 25 miles to a small village called "Encampment". Lots of spur roads and hiking paths. Return to Steamboat Springs by one of two paved routes--see maps for details.

With stops and short hikes, this will be a good day trip.

This time of year you might even see some Aspen tree color. But keep an eye on weather forecast, too, because you might get snowed on. If you go alone (one vehicle), take enough food, water, and gear as if you are camping (in case you somehow get stranded and must stay overnight).

Whiskey Park Road--15 +/- miles (easy gravel FS Road) through forest and crosses over into Wyoming (becomes Hog Park Road) for another 25 miles to a small village called "Encampment". Lots of spur roads and hiking paths. Return to Steamboat Springs by one of two paved routes--see maps for details.

With stops and short hikes, this will be a good day trip.

This time of year you might even see some Aspen tree color. But keep an eye on weather forecast, too, because you might get snowed on. If you go alone (one vehicle), take enough food, water, and gear as if you are camping (in case you somehow get stranded and must stay overnight).
Thank you!

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom