Beach 80 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This build has been a blast! I hope the info below can help others in their build.
Cruiser: 93 HDJ81 RHD VX Limited
Purchased with "3" lift, on Falken Rubitrek 315's, Purchased in March this year.
Stock shocks were shot so.......the build began

I have most before and after measurements, If you want to know trailing arms lengths ect. just ask.

1. Purchased Dobinson 4" lift kit with heavy shocks (future armor/bumper compensation), adjustable panhard, trailing arms, sway bar drop, caster correction plate(did not use), proportining valve bracket (did not use)
Before install measurements hub center to bottom of fender LF-23.50" RF-23.5" LR-23.00" RR-23.50"
After new lift install measurements (armor weight simulated) LF-26.75" RF-26.5" LR-27.25" RR-26.75"
I did leave a set of 20mm spacers in the front
HMMMMMMMM? using the standard that I've read here that stock is around 20" from hub to fender, I now had a 6 to 7" lift....well s***, 4" caster correction plates aren't going to do and those brake lines are stretched and other issues so 2nd round of purchases started....

2. Purchased Slee 6" Caster correction radius arms, braided extended brake lines (ironman I think), Tom Woods DC shaft, Slee extended rear bump stops

After Install pinion angles were excellent and drove at 80mph with no pulling, noise, shimmy or shakes!

This is a good spot to say Thank You OTRAMM for the you-tube video's!

3. Round 3....Front hub rebuild (cruiser outfitters), Delta VS front and rear bumpers (squadron lights, spare tire mount, ladder) White Knuckle Sliders 10 degree slant, smitty bilt XC20 12,000lb winch, Iron Pig skid plate

4. Round 4 maintenance stuff time.... Radiator (rock auto), silicone hose kit, automatic transmission cooler, fuel filter, ac condenser/dryer with new hoses, strait piped exhaust and down turned behind rear bumper, plasti dipped front grill, diff fluid change, adjusted idle, EBC rear rotors and pads, new parking brake pads and hardware, new rear stock tail lights

NOTE: as parts came off and allowed access, where needed, Corroseal, Eastmans or Rustoleum was used.
5. Round 5 things bought not yet installed: Airbox (junk yard) (current filter is aftermarket junk) with larger than stock intake pipe (HPS-4.5"), Iron Man snorkel, Oil catch can, Split rear window (junk yard),

6. Round 6 wish list: 37's, re-gear diffs, North west Fab works black box and/or Yukon 3.12 low range gear, Part time 4wd conversion maybe?, Delta VS shift console, Gauges, front runner roof rack, more lights! powertank or onboard air.....and the list goes on

After some off-roading and road trips suspension has settled about 1/4".

Some pics

128873.jpeg

DSC_4361.jpg

20200408_191720.jpg

Nice build, glad I'm not climing into it. I'd have to carry a mounting block. LOL

Nice build, glad I'm not climing into it. I'd have to carry a mounting block. LOL
I definitely will drop it down as I get older! I really only wanted 1 to 2" more than what I had and ended up with 3+"s above the lift I already had. Thats why I did this post to alert others. I extremely happy with the performance of the Dobinson lift but if I was going to do it again I would have gone with a 2.5 or 3" Dobinson lift.

Update to build:

Removed remote start, radio system, headlights and most aftermarket wiring/lights from Japan.

Installed new:
headlights, head unit, speakers, bird eye view camera (still in process), CB, front rotors and pads ebc yellow stuff, prinsu roof rack.

Designed and had built a custom front mount cooler rack.

20210426_134907.jpg

I have the exact same problem as you! 3.5" Tapered coils in the front, 3" tapered coils in the rear gave me a 27" hub to fender in the front and 26.5" hub to fender in the rear.

Build Update!

Replaced waterpump, timing belt, idler pulley, thermostat, valve shim adjustment
New install:
Pdi airbox
Pdi intercooler
Gturbo green wheel

20210908_200715.jpg

20210908_200658.jpg

20210906_170154.jpg

20210905_163353.jpg

Build up date: Moonlight 4" stainless steel snorkel installed. Aneroid pin installed, tuning is ongoing but noticeable power difference! Currently wide open EGT Max around 1100*F. Working on tuning to AFR. Manta 3" stainless steel exhaust! Sounds so nice!

20220411_184046.jpg

20211003_161912.jpg

20210925_130724.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom