BASS CAMP RUN WITH CAMPING

Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
967
Location
Carson City NV
Yeah last year I went over a sandy ledge on the way out and rubbed my rocker panels. That was about it. No NV pin striping an/or sidewall damage, big dusty roads. Will had his daughter out in front rolling the sharp sidewall killers out of the trail at one point. Couldn't really go around or you would go off the mountain.

Early is probably first light. I'm old so getting up early is automatic. I'l try to be quiet.👻
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
967
Location
Carson City NV
Yes. I think that is best. :hmm:The alternate way out that might be cool, it is the one that exits south of topaz? or hooks up to parts south somewhere??:meh:. Pretty good road and it connected to pavement that saved about a half hour of driving back to civilization. There was just a minor waterfall that can be done easy with one locker (and maybe stock with clearance) and with a little clearance. But there was also a bypass for stock. If you look at the maps you have it might be more clear. The good thing is if it is washed out or not passable we can just turn around and go out the regular way with out much loss of time. Or we go the way you got us out with no surprises and drive a bit extra.:cool:
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
967
Location
Carson City NV
I'm reconsidering on leaving super early. Don't want to be alone and get stuck esp. if I bring the Chevy. I do need to get back to Carson for some things but would like the luxury of maybe trying the alternate way out and hanging with the Bros.
 

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,574
Location
Reno, NV
We will be meeting up with you guys in Mina on Saturday Morning. I'll have my radio on tuned to 146.460.
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2016
Messages
66
Location
Fernley NV
I was thinking of brining our pop up trailer to camp. Is the plan to head back out the same way? Because then I could leave it at the bottom of the trail and pick it up on the way out.
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
967
Location
Carson City NV
I think the plan right now is to go out the way we came in. So you would be safe to drop the trailer and pick it up on the way out. The weather is calling for rain Sunday morning. The alternate way would not be good with amount of rain since it is in a narrow gully. Even at that we will probably want to get through the "way out" wash early am to avoid any mud or water issues. I'm thinking it would be best to leave camp between eight and nine. That could change if the weather cooperates. We can keep an eye on the sky for further info.
 

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,574
Location
Reno, NV
I was thinking of brining our pop up trailer to camp. Is the plan to head back out the same way? Because then I could leave it at the bottom of the trail and pick it up on the way out.
There may be an open site at Sunrise Valley RV in Mina. It's not a bad place to stay we have over nighted there a couple of times. IIRC $30 a night with full hook ups, flush toilets and decent showers.
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
967
Location
Carson City NV
Great Kurt. Glad you can join us for the day. Two trail blazers are better than one (except 2 years ago):bang:. So far that's 3 FJCs, FJ80, FJ100 and an OJ Bronco(not white and no bloody gloves)o_O. Did I miss anyone? I'm riding in style in Johns FJC. I punked out on bringing the 40. The weather change was the last straw.:rainbow:
 

Tony_Farson

GOLD Star
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
654
Location
Reno, NV
... an OJ Bronco (not white and no bloody gloves)o_O./QUOTE]

Are you sure?😈

If the weather doesn't look like it is going to murder us, my friend Jim will be meeting us at the Maverick station in Dayton and camping the weekend with us. He has a fancy 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad.
 

Tony_Farson

GOLD Star
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
654
Location
Reno, NV
Weather forecast is getting dicey. Forecast was 40% chance of showers, now NOAA says 50% chance and temps will be dropping enough for snow Sunday evening, so the day will be chilly, maybe wet, and windy.

1978979


🔥Everyone bring firewood to contribute to the fire!🔥
 

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,574
Location
Reno, NV
Weather forecast is getting dicey. Forecast was 40% chance of showers, now NOAA says 50% chance and temps will be dropping enough for snow Sunday evening, so the day will be chilly, maybe wet, and windy.

View attachment 1978979

🔥Everyone bring firewood to contribute to the fire!🔥
That looks like the forecast for Mina, Bass Camp is a bit higher in elevation. Around 6800' I think.
 
Top Bottom