Baselining & Repairs Quote -- seem reasonable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TX_TLC said:
1 unhappy customer is louder than 1,000 very happy ones. :frown:
So very true.

rgsiii said:
I would avoid Urban Land Cruisers like the plague.
PM me for more information.
We spoke a few months ago about your situation -- I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get the issues resolved with ULC. Although they have a good reputation, after hearing about what you went through, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

Last edited:
Since you are talking about us anyways......

We base our prices on a lot of factors not all of which are are simply parts and labor.

Yes, we do mark up parts but not over retail and have no real issue with you buying parts from Dan and having them shipped direct to us in our biweekly box. BTW: Bailey thinks Dan has a nice butt.

One of the great things about cruisers is that most people can handle most of the common issues with them using basic tools, a FSM and this site. We encourage this and try to help out when we can; there is NEVER an attempt to hide info at ULC. Quite often we do the work as others suggessted in this post; we do the big stuff and you do the little stuff. Trust me, we have more than enought to fool with to try to make a few $$$ off of a fluid change!

Also, one needs to compare apples to apples. We now need to charge $1185 for a 80 series ft axle rebuild. That is a pile of money for a job that many here have done in a weekend! I think we do it a little bit diffferently.

All bearings OEM
All seals
New wheel bearings
rotors turned or swapped with new OEM for reduced labor $$ + OEM rotor cost
New OEM pads
If needed replace hard/soft brake lines for part cost only
No charge on random nuts/bolts/cones/shims etc...
Clean everything
Change ft diff fluid using new washers

Of course you can do it yourself and save money but many people are not comfortable digging into the steering and braking of their truck. We average about 1.6 ft axles a week!

We will always explain our prices but we will not negotiate our prices. When we can, we try to save us time and you money by combining small jobs into one large job.

We appreciate the feeedback. Mike, your truck is in the trusty hands of the magic elf and homosexual Mat and will be ready on Thur PM.

David, I would be interested in hearing how you approach resolving repairs gone bad. I've seen the pics posted by RGSIII, what is your perspective on what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom