Baja Designs S2 Pro in TJM T3 bumper 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like many folks, I've been wanting more accessory light in front but haven't been convinced on the best mounting location or best light form factor for my needs. I've been seeking inputs or over a year and an impending trip and consulting check got me off the fence...

I hadn't seen it done before, but I decided to replace the factory fog lamps that are mounted in my TJM T-3 bumper with Baja Designs S2 Pro lights (combo).

I was looking for more mid-distance and peripheral light for night driving. The truck has Lightforce lights with a narrow beam

Advantages:
-Protected spot in the steel bumper
-Used factory wiring, and switching
-Provides great forward lighting (and keeps the roof free)
-Small package / with big performance

Original:

i-GVMc79W-M.jpg

Removed trim, bulb and fog lamps. Replaced connector on factory wiring:
i-V55Xhq7-M.jpg

We drilled the baja designs bracket for off-center mounting, widened the hole where the factory fog lamp was mounted and installed assembly (driving beam interior, wide beam to outside).
i-NVf2jSw-M.jpg

In trial runs (around the block) I really like the new quantity, quality and location of the additional light. It made me realize that my factory headlamps and even the Lighforce beams are in need of replacement...

I leave for a week long trip in the next 30hrs - so happy to share field experience if there is any interest from others. I will work on trim out on return.

Epilogue - The Baja Designs S2 lights worked great. I was pleased with the light pattern, color and reach...

i-8xnTrfW-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom