Badlands -> White Rim -> HIH8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A buddy and I are leaving PA and heading non-stop to the Badlands, due to arrive in the late afternoon on 7/7. The itinerary as of right now looks like this.

7/7 - Badlands
7/8 - Badlands
7/9 - Dispersed camping outside Vail,CO somewhere.
7/10 - Reserved campsite (White Crack) on White Rim Road
7/11 - Primitive camping outside Moab or head closer to Silverton
7/12 - HIH8

I would love to find 1 or more other vehicles to tackle the white rim trail with me. If you're interested you may need to reserve your own (different) campsite. I think White Crack had a one vehicle limit, but I could certainly inquire about updating my permit.

If anyone has recommendations on a good ~3hr run between Denver and Vail please share those too!
I'm equipped with sliders, front bumper, and winch but not really looking to do anything super technical.

Thanks!
Nate

Man I've always wanted to run white rim. I'm going to look at my schedule, not sure I can because I'd end up probably taking almost 2 full weeks off. But I'll let you know.

White rim trail will not be crowded, off season very hot. Bring lots of water and make sure your vehicle dose not have cooling issues.

White rim trail will not be crowded, off season very hot. Bring lots of water and make sure your vehicle dose not have cooling issues.

Thanks, I will have tons of water :) We're planing to roll in right before sundown and be back on the trail at sun up.

On that note, how long do you suspect it would take to make it to white crack from the visitor center? Is 10MPH a realistic average for the entire trail?

I think 10 mph average is doable. The trail is just dirt roads. There are spots where you have to slow down, but the are many flat sections also.

@atnolan94 I have an extra vehicle on my White Crack permit on 7/10 due to someone backing out if you're still interested.

Thanks for asking. Actually had something pretty big come up at work and will not be able to head out until Wednesday before HIH as planned.

Thanks for asking. Actually had something pretty big come up at work and will not be able to head out until Wednesday before HIH as planned.
Bummer, look forward to seeing you there! I'll bring pictures :)

I know. White rim is a big bucket list item for me, maybe the biggest.....bummed I had the chance but couldn't make it! such is life!

Thanks again for the invite Nate. See you in Silverton.

-Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom