Bad Audio Amplifier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently noticed that the entire left side of my LC has no audio coming out of the speakers. This includes the driver's dash and front speaker, and right side second and third row speakers. I removed the driver's speaker and plugged in another--no sound. I removed the connector and hard-wired the speaker--no sound. Stock amp went bad?

I recently noticed that the entire left side of my LC has no audio coming out of the speakers. This includes the driver's dash and front speaker, and right side second and third row speakers. I removed the driver's speaker and plugged in another--no sound. I removed the connector and hard-wired the speaker--no sound. Stock amp went bad?
So its the left side AND the right side in the back? I was going to suggest checking the balance control until I reread that.

Ugh. Too much beer before noon. I meant to say left side only. Drivers side and left side passenger 2nd and 3rd rows. Thanks.

If there is a fault with any single speaker/wire/channel the entire side will shut down.

When my 80 was new to me it had this problem, turned out to be the POS aftermarket speaker in the rear door had rattled loose and the terminals were grounding out.

If it is bad wiring, take the speaker connection loose one at a time. If none work, then recheck with just the first to make sure the bad one wasn't the last tested. If still nothing, then check the connections on the head unit to amp, etc, but then you have to pull that stuff outta the dash again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom