Backup camera message hierarchy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
New 2008 LC owner here. Is there a way to make the backup camera the only image on the screen when in reverse? What I don't want to see is information displayed across the screen regarding the AC or radio while in reverse and trying to avoid objects...like if my wife turns up the volume while i am parallel parking.

I previously owned a 2012 4Runner with a similar issue and learned to live with it. 3/10 on the annoying scale.

Thanks!

Smack anyone's hand that mess with your levels = fixed issue

I wish that would fix it but I notice that if I back up right after starting the vehicle that an “air-conditioning off” message will sometimes come across the top of the screen.

My favorite is the AUDIO OFF message that almost perfectly obscures my view when I turn off the radio before backing up. AFAIK, it's built into the NAV logic protocol. I know for sure it's not in the maintenance menus.

Yes!!! I blame this for my little "incident" I had while backing up last year and hitting a small sign in a parking lot! The camera was being overridden by some other inane message and I scuffed up my rear bumper!

I'd pay real money for a flash ROM update to remove that crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom