Back after a long absence... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been forever since I worked on my Lexus, maybe 5 yrs now. Life gets in the way, and last year my wife pased away. Still getting over her loss, and I took on a couple of projects since I posted regularily that have also kept me busy including a prewar speedster build, and a 79 IH Traveler frame-off restoration. Still love my LX, but she needs some immediate TLC. So, long story short, my oldest daughter was bugging me lately for a pickup, and instead I offered up my LX on the condition she help work on it every week. This is week two, and we have been busy putting the finishing touches on a first gen Slee rear bumper I think I must have purchased at least 5 yrs ago. After a lot of cursing, we finally got it installed. Unfortunately, I had modded it quite a bit, and was having a terrible time trying to remember what went where. Good news it is finally installed, but too dark out for pics. I’ll attach some tomorrow. Goal is to get it ready for a cross country road trip in the fall.
8C2F5C66-F950-4830-A57F-FFA395A04EDE.jpeg

We just got the IH on the rotisserie on Saturday. Can you spell rust bucket? Lol!

90B9B0DA-0D12-4393-861E-5E7AE1F77B5C.jpeg

Welcome back @canman. Sorry for your loss, but glad you’re working your projects and making plans. Will keep an eye out for you on your cross county. Keep the updates coming.

I echo the other’s sentiments of your loss. Glad to have you back. Looking forward to seeing your projects progress. BTW, your yard looks like beautiful. Where are you at?

Yes, all this is good therapy in a way as long I keep the frustration levels under control. Slee bumper required that we make a steel plate with four threaded holes to attach DS wing to frame. Had to gingerly tack on a piece of rebar to slide it down inside the frame rail and then break it off once bolted. Have to be creative sometimes. Lol!
We’re in the Gatineau Hills in Quebec just about 40 kms north of Ottawa, ON, Canada. Been to islands twice now - big island and twice to Maui. Would be my number one place to retire. Haha!

Found my old thread on the Slee bumper, so will post there. Geeze, it was back in 2016 since I last worked on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom