B and 3B difference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
engine B 1979

engine 3B 1984

I rebuild a B engine and trying to do the same on a 3B...

I know that a post show the pieces that is the same on the two engine but I have some trouble finding it. I'll tell you some difference between those engine.

B engine ... 3 bearing camshaft, really small compare to 3B 4 bearing camshaft with bigger hole for oil.

B engine ... smaller crankshaft.. smaller bearing and smaller bolt that retain all that.

B engine ... Big timming gear and less teeth but same diameter so a complet set of 3b timming gear fit but have a different numbert of tooth.

The head of a 3B fit on B engine.

The oil pump is the same. But the timming cover of a 3B doesn't fit on B engine.

The rocker is identical.. but the bolt that retain the rocker is smaller on B engine.

The Fuel pump,injector pipe, injector, intake is the same on each engine.

The oiling system on 3B engine is oversize compare to B engine. Bigger hole, piston oil squirter, and bigger passage on every part.

the liners and piston is bigger on 3B, and connecting rod can't be exchange.

The oil pan and the strainer is the same.

The flywheel and clutch of a 3B can be modifie to fit on 3 finger clucth of the B engine.

the belthousing of 3B fit but need to change the transmission mount. The 3B belhousing have a RPM sensor mount on it.

The fuel filter is the same.. the mount is different.

the alternator is identical, but mount is different.

The mount for the engine is identical and at the same place.

The exaust of a 3B fit on B but the B doesn't fit on 3B.. smaller bolt size. Same exaust flow by the way, same diameter

all sensor are the same on both engine.

I think it's all !

Very Good INFO !!!

Thanks for the time spent.

VT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom