Auxiliary spot / flood lights (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I’m new to modding off road vehicles, so be patient with me. I would like to get a couple pod lights added to the front of my ‘02. I’ve read many threads but still have questions.

First, any preference on floods vs. spots? I think I am leaning towards flood, but perspectives are appreciated.

Second, I assume I would not need a second battery with such a basic setup (whether halogen or LED), but please let me know if I’m wrong.

Third, I was considering Light Force or IPF. Any recommendations? I also found these DDM lights for cheap. Any experience?

Thanks, all.
NicB

1. I have theres and while they are listed as a spot their really more of a combo light https://www.element-led.com/products/amber-cannon-led-spotlight-pair. their nice and bright, have a good pattern and are nicely priced for what your getting.

2. no you do not need a second battery unless your planning on installing a few dozen lights. those above are listed above are supposed to draw 2.something amps but I havnt put the amp clamp on the wiring to verify the draw.

3. get whatever your budget can afford that's going to suit your needs, I ran lights that I got for free for several years because they did the job and the price was right. you can spend a lot on lighting that you don't have to, get something that will suit where you driving and the lighting conditions. planning on doing the baja 1000 youll need some serious light, get a 60 inceh ight bar and several sopts. just need a little something for going driving around at night on and off road maybe a small light bar or pair of lights will work.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Those element lights look nice!

ive had them on for a few months and so far they have held up well. wiring the lights were easy as I already had a harness in the truck from the last set of lights, but even with installing a new harness install should only take about an hour depending on your mechanical skills

I’ve used lightforce for over 10 years. I’ve had the 140s and 170s in halogen and like the adjustability for focus and filters. Held up great so far. Going to the hids once my truck is back from the body shop.

The first question you need to answer is; What do you want the lights to do for you? When and how will you use them and for what purpose? High speed highway driving worrying about what is IN the road? Worrying about moose/deer/Bison/whatever ALONG the road? Urban Use? Suburban? Open country? Trail use? Desert and open terrain? Dense woods?

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom