Auto locker options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had thought about putting a Auburn up front, but thought if I am going to spend that much $$ I will just by a ARB.

If I was using my Cruiser as ONLY a street vehicle and saw lots of winter driving I would consider some type of LSD both front and rear.

I could have locked the front but was worried about the birf breakage and in theory the LSD would slip before that happened.

I am not a fan of ARB's (flamesuit on) having a compressor, air lines and seals to worry about.

So far it has worked great for me, if I get stuck and only have one wheel spinning up front I will be the first to post on it! But until then :beer: 's for everyone and their choices for locking their rigs.

Pro's and Con's

Each of these systems has a pros and cons. My 60 has F/R ARBs and 4.88s. I have never looked back. They were a ton of Money$$$$. They work well with the twin-sticked Atlas and the F/R Line Locks. I have total control. There is often times when I don't want to be Locked, even off-road. I love love hitting an obsticle with open diffs, then with the rear locked, and finally F/R.
I am currently rebuilding the pumpkins on my 1990 FJ62 with 4.88s and I am going to throw a Powertrax "no-slip" in the ass end. This is a daily driver and I do drive a lot in the snow. My hopes are that this will work fine.
If not, I will put an ARB from my 60 in the rear of my 62 and buy another compressor. The Powertrax will move to the front of my 62 and a spool of Detroit will find its way into the 60. With enough parts we can accomplish anything :cool:

TOY350 said:
I am not a fan of ARB's (flamesuit on) having a compressor, air lines and seals to worry about.

So.

Well I thought the same thing, and their compressor is kind of worthless for anything other then running the lockers. I just got a York and hope to do that soon, so I will already have the air source. So someday maybe I will save for the ARB unit, but I may end up either open or with another Lockright or Aussie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom